- 250 gr semolina
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 75 gr unsalted butter at room temperature (softened)
- 100 ml milk
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together : semolina, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the soft butter to the mixture and using your hands, mix them together making sure that the dry mixture is now moist.
- Add half of the milk and mix again. Keep adding milk until you obtain a dough consistency. Depending on the type of semolina you will be using the amount of milk will vary. Let the harcha dough rest for 20 minutes to allow the semolina flour to absorb the milk.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls and flatten them into 1 cm thick discs or any other shape.
- Coat the harcha discs with more semolina on each side to obtain a crispy texture once cooked.
- To cook them, place them in a warm pan over medium-low heat and cook on each side for 5 minutes or more until golden on each side.
- Serve warm with anything you fancy!